About our systemSee how much energy you need
We all know the critical nutritional factors that affect sports performance are hydration and energy supply. However, climate, duration of exercise, and the intensity you intend to train or race at will also have a significant effect on your hydration and fuelling strategy.
Generally speaking, it is recommended to supplement 40-90g of carbohydrate per hour of exercise to maintain blood glucose levels and is what you should be aiming to achieve dependent on the duration and intensity of your exercise.
Refuelling during training sessions of up to 60 minutes isn't necessary if your diet and pre-exercise meals contain sufficient carbohydrate; just ensure you remain hydrated prior to exercise.
Our drinks and gels have been designed to be used ‘modularly’ to help you achieve the correct fuelling and hydration strategy, and to help you maintain this strategy throughout the duration of your event. Take a look at the OTE System Guide below to see our recommended carbohydrate consumption.
Using the system
Please select your build:
Small buildBody build of 40-70kg
Medium buildBody build of 70-90kg
Large buildBody build of 90kg+
- One 43g serving of OTE Energy Drink in 500ml of water provides 40g of Carbohydrate (2 servings)
- One OTE Energy Gel provides 20.5g of Carbohydrate
- One OTE Sports Bar will provide 20g of Carbohydrate
- At lower intensity levels solid food is an alternative fuelling option to gels
- As the intensity increases OTE technical sports nutrition products provide a more convenient and appropriate method of fuelling.
- OTE Sports & ZyroFisher Announce Exclusive UK & Ireland Distribution Agreement
- Enjoy a Calorie Neutral Christmas